Sunday, November 2, 2014

Faith and Entitlement

Sometimes an incident takes place that starts filling ones heart with poison. Maybe logically and factually I am not able to convince myself that I have been wronged.....

However, there is a lingering discomfort that I have not been righted either.......

There is a strong resistance to speak to the person about it directly, as putting it on the table itself is something that will defeat the purpose of putting it on the table. 

It's almost like - 
if I have to ask you for it - then I had no entitlement for it in the first place and I don't want it, as I am not looking for a handout

if am entitled for it, and I have to demand for it, then what does that do to the faith and trust I had in you?

If I am not entitled for it, and i demand for it, what does that do to the faith and trust you had in me? Or that I had in myself?

I don't demand it, and keep feeling wronged about it, irregardless of whether I am entitled to it or not, whenever I see you in the future I shall feel cheated by you

If I feel cheated, that means I don't trust you, which means why should I not demand from you, because our relationship anyways won't have any value going forward as I won't trust you?

But if there is not trust or faith, what is the point in asking as there is no reason for you to be sensitive towards me, and you will stand your ground and that will make me feel enraged even more...

Entitlement is relative after all, I may feel entitled to something, and you may disagree with my feelings of entitlement. I am looking at things from a different frame and you are looking at it from a different frame..... We are both looking from frames most convenient to each of us and are unable or unwilling to look at it from the other person's perspective

Even if we can see from the other persons perspective, we may not want to concede to it, because it's inconvenient.....

The person with the upper hand continues on his or her way feeling self-righteous and the other hangs around feeling wronged - and that is what life is

No comments:

Post a Comment